Erik started with BCM in 2009 as a writer and subsequently became social media manager for the consultancy itself as well as for a number of BCM clients before moving to the VP position. > Read More
Bernstein Crisis Management, Inc. was one of the world’s first virtual consultancies, providing 24/7 access to its president, Jonathan Bernstein, and a network of carefully screened and highly experienced crisis management experts who are on call nationwide and in many markets overseas. Bernstein Crisis Management engages in the full spectrum of crisis management services: crisis prevention, response, planning, training and simulations. The business was created in January, 1994 and has been operated since then on the premise that its clients’ executive leadership wants direct assistance from experienced crisis management professionals.
Simply put, Jonathan Bernstein or—if he’s already 100% engaged, one of his skilled alternates—is directly available to the CEO or the designated client contact to help the organization survive any breaking crisis and/or to plan for avoiding future crises.
Bernstein Crisis Management serves clients that may suffer or are suffering threats to people or property, reputation damage, business interruption and/or damage to their bottom line. Its experience with helping clients avoid and/or minimize the impact of future crises has created equal demand for its crisis prevention and crisis response services.
The strategic use of Internet-based communication with as-needed in-person consulting gives Bernstein Crisis Management clients the right people to assist them, when and where they need them.
Plain Talk from a Crisis Manager
A Message from Jonathan Bernstein
There are very few public relations consultancies focused exclusively on crisis management. Bernstein Crisis Management is one of them. We don’t do brochures. We don’t do press releases promoting your business. We’re crisis managers, and most of us have decades of experience under our belts.
I believe a number of other consultancies are as good as mine. Some may be better. But my clients will tell you (and I’m always willing to give you confidential references) that the top reasons they value our services, above and beyond our crisis management-related skills, are:
1. We’re accountable. We’re going to do what we say we’re going to do when we say we’re going to do it—or we give you a very good reason why we’ve been delayed, a rare occurrence.
2. We’re accessible. We make ourselves available 24/7 and we don’t take more work that we can handle. We can provide one key person, or a whole team.
3. We work where we’re needed. We have worked in-person with clients based all over North America and on most other continents.
4. We understand crisis management’s role in legal matters — litigation, complex business transactions, labor and employment issues, etc. We know how to work hand-in-hand with your legal team.
5. We understand the role of the Internet in crisis management. I, personally, have been using the Internet for crisis prevention and management for more than 30 years, since before the modern World Wide Web was created.
6. We’re affordable. Crisis management pros are relatively rare and our rates reflect that fact, but as a consultant with a virtual agency versus a lot of “brick and mortar” and staff to support, we can keep rates relatively reasonable.