“A good vulnerability audit is the crisis management equivalent of a full body MRI screening.”Jonathan Bernstein
Vulnerability Audits — A multi-disciplinary risk assessment to identify current and potential areas of operational weakness and system flaws that could lead to, or exacerbate, crises. The scope of a vulnerability audit can vary, depending on client preferences and needs.
Our vulnerability audit process will help you…
- Identify areas of improvement for planning and training efforts.
- Detect and prevent crises before they can cause significant damage.
- Dramatically enhance response time.
- Correct operational weaknesses.
- Reduce the end cost of crisis situations.
We have several vulnerability audit options available to fit your needs, including:
- Crisis Document Audits — A simple review of existing client documents related to crisis preparedness and response, such as crisis communications plans, emergency response policies, disaster plans, etc. This low-cost, flat-rate audit includes creation of a written evaluation with recommendations for improvement.
- Executive Session Vulnerability Audits — A single session in which the client’s executive team is led through a series of educational and thought-provoking discussions to uncover and begin to address organizational vulnerabilities that could escalate to crises. Upon completion, the consultant prepares a written report of findings and recommendations. The length and scope of an executive session vulnerability audit can be customized to best suit the client’s needs and resources.
- Comprehensive Vulnerability Audits (in-person) — A series of interviews with employees at all levels of an organization, each conducted in complete confidence, so that the interviewee feels comfortable disclosing information he/she might not otherwise discuss. This is often complemented by interviews with representative members of key external audiences, and concludes with preparation and presentation of a comprehensive audit report to the senior management team.
- Comprehensive Vulnerability Audits (survey-based) — The same process as with an in-person audit, but, with a time and significantly cost-saving front-end involving questions delivered via an online survey platform. Still completely confidential, while allowing participants to respond on their own schedule – to include being able to save and return to the survey – and even allowing if/then direction of respondents to certain categories of questions based on their positions/access to different types of information. A demo is available on request.
or write to Jonathan Bernstein